Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.
~Anatole France

Saturday, January 26, 2008

A little bit of background...


Okay, so here I am, ready to share travel photos and stories, and I'm torn as to where best to begin. My trip to the Ecuadorian equator is not even a month gone, so it's definitely freshest in my mind. Somehow, though, it doesn't seem right to jump into my most recent adventure. I feel I should back up a bit and provide some foundation. Of course, the immediate problem is that most of my photos are of the glossy paper variety. We've already established that I'm slow to move with technology, and despite the digital revolution, I got my first point and shoot digital camera in 2005. Shortly thereafter I moved on to a digital SLR, so I do have a few years' worth of photos stored on my computer (which I also bought only a few years ago... but I wasn't ready to commit to a scanner, so most of my photos live in boxes). One of these days I'll convert all my hard photos to digital.


So. I think the best thing to do at this moment is to redirect you to my company's website. Last summer, my boss got a bee in his bonnet that we (staff) should all have slide shows posted on the website representing our lives and travels. So after much scrounging and sorting and scanning (on the office scanner) and cursing and rescanning, I managed to put together a slide show. It's short - I could only get about half of my photos to scan well enough to use - but it serves its purpose. So here you are, the link to my slide show: Ta da!!! Hope you enjoy it.

No comments: